SEPTIC SYSTEM TIPS!
Call us today!
- Have your tank inspected and pumped every 3 years . Use the schedule recommended by your local septic tank pumper.
- Know where your septic system is located so that you can visually notice changes of appearance on the surface.
- Do not use a garbage disposal! Disposals contribute to the accumulation of solids and lead to a more frequent need for pumping.
- Do not plant trees or shrubs on or around the septic tank or drain field. The plants will block the sun, reducing evaporation ability. Also, the roots can damage the field.
- DO plant grass on the field. Grassy vegetation helps the soil absorb water.
- Do not dispose of hazardous chemicals down your drain, especially pesticides, paints, gas, etc. 7. Limit the amount of bleach and strong disinfectants.
9. Schedule laundry loads evenly throughout the week. Try not to do laundry all in one day. Even water flow is much easier for the
10. Limit excess water:
a. Install efficient, low flow toilets and shower heads.
b. Fix leaky faucets and showers.
c. Fix toilets that run continuously.
d. Do not allow roof gutters to drain into, on or near the septic system.
11. Do not park cars or heavy equipment on the tank or drain field. This compacts the soil and reduces the absorption.